Tech Company Name Generator
Free tech company name generator, with the help of AI, for instant ideas.
Are you looking for the perfect name for your tech company? Naming a business, especially one in the technology space can be tough—you want something that is unique and memorable, but still professional-sounding. That’s why we created our tech company name generator!
It takes all the guesswork out of finding a fitting name by generating dozens of potential ideas quickly and easily. So, if you’re ready to get started, let us help you find the perfect name for your business right now!
Why you should use a tech company name generator
So, why is it so important to use a tech company name generator? Can’t you just come up with a tech company name idea on your own?
Theoretically, yes. You can make up a business name all on your own. But there are a couple of major benefits to using a tech company name generator:
- Dozens of instant ideas. You don’t have to wait for the muse to strike. All you need to do is enter a word or phrase related to your business and you’ll receive dozens of ideas in a matter of seconds.
- Automatic domain availability checks. The best online name generators automatically check if the domains associated with their name ideas are available. This means you don’t have to worry about coming up with a name only to find that you can’t claim the domain for it.
The DomainWheel name generator also offers search filters that you can use to only view domains that use a certain domain extension or to restrict the character length of name suggestions.
Best of all, it’s free! 😎 You can use it as many times as you want by following the steps in the next section:
How to use the tech company name generator
Finding the perfect business name is easy with our tech company name generator. All you need to do is type a keyword or combination of keywords into the bar and press Search Domain. The AI will instantly generate a variety of ideas:
If you want to use a specific domain extension, you can click Select Filter and exclude some or all other domain extensions:
The DomainWheel domain name generator also automatically checks the availability of all domains, so you can register a domain you like right away. All you need to do is click View Details to see options for domain registration and web hosting:
If you don’t find anything you’re satisfied with in these search results, don’t despair! You can scroll down to find suggestions for words in three categories: Sounds Like, Rhymes With, and Random Suggestions. You can click on any of these words to start a whole new DomainWheel search.
Best of all, DomainWheel is free, so you can use it as many times as you want.
Best tech company names from real businesses
Keywords are essential to finding a tech company name, but they’re not the only way you can find inspiration. You can also look at existing tech businesses to see what types of names they’re using. This can help you choose something similar so that people immediately know what your business is about—or find a way to buck the trends and create a fully unique business name.
Check out these tech businesses for inspiration:
Coded Minds is an EdTech startup that provides education to students in different parts of the globe.
The name “Coded Minds” immediately conveys a powerful image. A coded mind is someone who has the skills and resources to develop, innovate, and lead in the tech industry, and is at the forefront of innovative thinking. All these positive connotations will be attached to the company when someone hears this name.
Speechly is a voice technology startup.
The name suggests that this tech company is all about enabling and enhancing communication. It’s also one word, two syllables, and very easy to spell and remember. These are all good components of a great business name.
How to choose a tech company name
Step 1: Consider Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you want to build a successful business in 2024, you need to make it easy for people to find you online. This means developing a comprehensive SEO strategy that begins with a search-friendly domain name.
A search-friendly domain name includes keywords related to your business. For example, “tech website.”
You can find out what effective keywords for your business are in three steps:
- List as many relevant words as you can think of. Open a document or grab a notebook, set a timer for 3-5 minutes, and write down all the words and phrases related to your industry or business that come to mind. Remember that a “keyword” can actually be multiple words long.
- Run them through a keyword planning tool. Keyword planning tools can tell you how much search traffic there is for a specific word or phrase.
- Create a shortlist of the best keywords. Move any keywords that have good traffic (at least 1K/month) and low competition to a shortlist.
Once you’ve got a keyword shortlist, you can either run these keywords through a tech company name generator or continue to the next step.
Step 2: Consider your offerings
The next thing to consider in naming a tech business is how your company will help customers. There are a couple of questions to ask yourself here:
- What problem do you solve for them? You can reference this problem in your business name to make your business’s purpose immediately clear.
- How do you solve this problem? Alternatively, you can use words focused on the solution. This is most effective if you’re using a familiar solution like a guidebook. If your solution is brand new, people might not understand the reference in your business name.
- What makes your business unique? This is what makes your company more appealing than other companies in your industry. For example, if you offer one-on-one services, you might use a word like “Personalized” in your company name.
If you can find a way to express one or more of your answers through the keywords you listed in step one, you’ll have an ideal business name.
Step 3: Consider your future plans
One of the most important things to consider when choosing a tech company name is how you want to grow your business over the years. There are three questions to ask yourself here:
- Do you eventually hope to expand the products/services you offer? If so, you’ll want to choose a name that focuses on your industry in general rather than a specific product or service.
- Do you eventually want to expand to new locations? If you want to sell to people all over the world, you probably won’t want to include a specific location in your brand name.
- Do you want to sell your business someday? If selling your business is an important part of your long-term plans, you’ll want to make sure that the name isn’t closely tied to your personal identity.
In short, you want to make sure that your business name doesn’t limit your potential for future growth. It’s much easier to add new products/services to an existing business than it is to start a new one from scratch.
How to check domain availability
The final 🏁 thing you need to figure out is if the name you want to use is actually available.
The good news is that if you’re using the DomainWheel tech company name generator, you’ll only see name suggestions that you can buy the domain for. However, a domain being available doesn’t always mean that you can use the business name. You’ll also want to check the USPTO Trademark Database to make sure your ideal business name isn’t already registered.
Creative words that work best for tech company
According to Ahrefs, the top keywords for “tech company” are:
- tech company
- tech company logos
- tech company that created watson
- tech company layoffs
- hi tech company
- high tech company
- name for tech company
- tech company name
- tech company names
- names for a tech company
Available domain extensions (TLD) for tech company
Along with the obvious .com and .net, there are several more unique TLDs that can tell users something about your business:
20 Creative tech company name ideas
Feeling stuck? 🤔 We’ve compiled a list of tech company name ideas to help you out!
All of these names were available at the time of writing this article, so you can use them as-is or create a wholly new name based on one of them. Just remember to Google your preferred name in case one of our readers has already snagged it!
Tech company name ideas
- Tech Corp24
- Tech Inc Club
- Tech Company Club
- Tech Brewing Co
- Your Tech Inc Solutions
- Tech Moving Company
- Edtech Fun
- Edtech City
- Edtech Social
- Health Tech City
Tech website name ideas
- Web Edtech Inc
- Edtech Mobile
- Health Tech Star
- Mental Fitness Tech
- Health Tech Smart
- One Health App Shop
- Mental Health Tech Shop
- Web Health App
- One Fitness Auto Tech
- Health Tech Studio
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How does the tech company name generator work?
The DomainWheel name generator uses AI to generate tech company name ideas based on your keyword suggestions. By default, the AI also automatically checks for domain availability and only displays domains that are currently unregistered. This makes it easy to find a business name that you can also use as your domain name.
Is the tech company name generator free?
DomainWheel is 100% free, so you can use it as many times as you want.
Register your tech company domain name
The best way to register your domain name is to sign up for a web hosting plan with Bluehost and claim the free domain name. Hosting plans start at just $2.75/month and you can sign up in a few minutes by following the instructions on the Bluehost website.
Choosing a tech company name is a big decision, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. You can use a tech company name generator to create dozens of name ideas in seconds.
All name suggestions are not created equal, though. To get the best name possible, consider three factors:
- SEO. Use relevant keywords to improve your chance of ranking well on search engines.
- What your business does. Emphasize how you solve customers’ problems and what makes your company’s approach unique.
- Your future plans. Make sure your name leaves room for future growth.