App Name Generator
Free app business name generator, with the help of AI, for instant ideas.
If you’re looking to create an app or software program, you may have asked yourself “What should I call it?” You want something that conveys what your product is all about and stands out in the sea of thousands (if not millions) of apps on the market. Well, our app name generator can help.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss how this AI tool works and why you need to take advantage of it. Keep reading to pick up some tips on how to develop creative app names.
Why you should use an app name generator
So, why is it so important to use an app name generator? Can’t you just come up with an app name idea on your own?
Theoretically, yes. You can make up a business name all on your own. But there are a couple of major benefits to using an app name generator:
- Dozens of instant ideas. You don’t have to wait for the muse to strike. All you need to do is enter a word or phrase related to your business and you’ll receive dozens of ideas in a matter of seconds.
- Automatic domain availability checks. The best online name generators automatically check if the domains associated with their name ideas are available. This means you don’t have to worry about coming up with a name only to find that you can’t claim the domain for it.
The DomainWheel name generator also offers search filters that you can use to only view domains that use a certain domain extension or to restrict the character length of name suggestions.
Best of all, it’s free! You can use it as many times as you want by following the steps in the next section:
How to use the app name generator
Finding the perfect business name is easy with our app name generator. All you need to do is type a keyword or combination of keywords into the bar and press Search Domain. The AI will instantly generate a variety of ideas:
If you want to use a specific domain extension, you can click Select Filter and exclude some or all other domain extensions:
The DomainWheel domain name generator also automatically checks the availability of all domains, so you can register a domain you like right away. All you need to do is click View Details to see options for domain registration and web hosting:
If you don’t find anything you’re satisfied with in these search results, don’t despair! You can scroll down to find suggestions for words in three categories: Sounds Like, Rhymes With, and Random Suggestions. You can click on any of these words to start a whole new DomainWheel search.
Best of all, DomainWheel is free, so you can use it as many times as you want. 😎
Best app names from real businesses
Keywords are essential to finding an app name, but they’re not the only way you can find inspiration. You can also look at existing apps to see what types of names they’re using. This can help you choose something similar so that people immediately know what your app is about—or find a way to buck the trends and create a fully unique business name.
👉 Check out these app businesses for inspiration:
WhatsApp has been one of the most popular communication apps for the past few years. This name was perfect because it was a play on the common phrase “what’s up.” Playing with common words or phrases is a great way to make your app easy to remember for consumers.
There are so many camera apps on the market. ProCamera is an excellent name because the “pro” is short for “professional.” So, it lets users know that the app will help them take professional photos. Creating a name that helps consumers understand that they’ll benefit from the app is a great way to help your app stand out from the competition.
How to choose an app name
Step 1: Consider Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you want to build a successful business in 2023, you need to make it easy for people to find you online. This means developing a comprehensive SEO strategy that begins with a search-friendly domain name.
A search-friendly domain name includes keywords related to your business. For example, if you’re creating a time management app, you might include the word “time” in your domain name.
You can find out what effective keywords for your business are in three steps:
- List as many relevant words as you can think of. Open a document or grab a notebook, set a timer for 3-5 minutes, and write down all the words and phrases related to your industry or business that come to mind. Remember that a “keyword” can actually be multiple words long.
- Run them through a keyword planning tool. Keyword planning tools can tell you how much search traffic there is for a specific word or phrase.
- Create a shortlist of the best keywords. Move any keywords that have good traffic (at least 1K/month) and low competition to a shortlist.
Once you’ve got a keyword shortlist, you can either run these keywords through an app name generator or continue to the next step.
Step 2: Consider your offerings
The next thing to consider in naming an app is how your app will help customers. There are a couple of questions to ask yourself here:
- What problem do you solve for them? You can reference this problem in your app name to make your business’s purpose immediately clear.
- How do you solve this problem? Alternatively, you can use words focused on the solution. This is most effective if you’re providing a familiar solution like a time tracker. If your solution is brand new, people might not understand the reference in your business name.
- What makes your business unique? This is what makes your company more appealing than other companies in your industry. For example, if your app provides customized support based on a survey clients fill out when they sign up, you might include a word like “customized” or “personalized” in your app name.
If you can find a way to express one or more of your answers through the keywords you listed in step one, you’ll have an ideal business name.
Step 3: Consider your future plans
One of the most important things to consider when choosing an app name is how you want to grow your business over the years. There are three questions to ask yourself here:
- Do you eventually hope to expand the products/services you offer? If so, you’ll want to choose a name that focuses on your industry in general rather than a specific product or service.
- Do you eventually want to expand to new locations? If you want to sell to people all over the world, you probably won’t want to include a specific location in your brand name.
- Do you want to sell your business someday? If selling your business is an important part of your long-term plans, you’ll want to make sure that the name isn’t closely tied to your personal identity.
In short, you want to make sure that your app name doesn’t limit your potential for future growth. It’s much easier to add new products/services to an existing business than it is to start a new one from scratch.
How to check domain availability
The final thing you need to figure out is if the name you want to use is actually available.
The good news is that if you’re using the DomainWheel app name generator, you’ll only see name suggestions that you can buy the domain for. However, a domain being available doesn’t always mean that you can use the business name. You’ll also want to check the USPTO Trademark Database to make sure your ideal business name isn’t already registered.
Creative words that work best for app
According to [Ahrefs], the top keywords for app are:
- cash app
- app store
- common app
- gomovies app
- facebook app
- walmart app
- monkey app
- zoom app
- omegle app
Available domain extensions (TLD) for app
Along with the obvious .com and .net, there are several more unique TLDs that can tell users something about your business:
15 Creative app name ideas
Feeling stuck? 🤓 We’ve compiled a list of app name ideas to help you out!
All of these names were available at the time of writing this article, so you can use them as-is or create a wholly new name based on one of them. Just remember to Google your preferred name in case one of our readers has already snagged it!
App name ideas
- One App Club
- One Camera App
- Action Camera App
- Chatting App Hub
- Chatting Life
Cash app name ideas
- Cash App Box
- Cash App Care
- Quick Cash Soft
- The Cash App
- The Green App
Chat app name ideas
- Chat App Mart
- Chat App Guide
- Chat Star
- Chat Spaces
- Chat Up Space
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How does the app name generator work?
The DomainWheel name generator uses an AI to generate app name ideas based on your keyword suggestions. By default, the AI also automatically checks for domain availability and only displays domains that are currently unregistered. This makes it easy to find a business name that you can also use as your domain name.
Is the app name generator free?
DomainWheel is 100% free, so you can use it as many times as you want.
Register your app domain name
The best way to register your domain name is to sign up for a web hosting plan with Bluehost and claim the free domain name. Hosting plans start at just $2.75/month and you can sign up in a few minutes by following the instructions on the Bluehost website.
Choosing an app name is a big decision, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. You can use an app name generator to create dozens of name ideas in seconds.
📌 All name suggestions are not created equal, though. To get the best name possible, consider three factors:
- SEO. Use relevant keywords to improve your chance of ranking well on search engines.
- What your business does. Emphasize how you solve customers’ problems and what makes your company’s approach unique.
- Your future plans. Make sure your name leaves room for future growth.