Handyman Business Name Generator
Free handyman business name generator, with the help of AI, for instant ideas.
Are you in the process of starting your own handyman business but struggling to come up with a name? No need to worry, we will fix you up with a catchy and memorable handyman business name that will help you stand out from the competition.
We got you covered.
👉 In this guide, you’ll learn:
- What a handyman business name generator is, and how to use it
- Great examples of real-world business names for handyman services
- 3 tips for finding suitable names for a handyman business
Let’s hammer out some creative names that will bring in business.
Why you should use a handyman business name generator
So, why is it so important to use a handyman business name generator? Can’t you just come up with a business name idea on your own?
Theoretically, yes. You can make up a business name all on your own. But there are a couple of major benefits to using a handyman business names generator:
- Dozens of instant ideas. You don’t have to wait for the muse to strike. All you need to do is enter a word or phrase related to your business and you’ll receive dozens of ideas in a matter of seconds.
- Automatic domain availability checks. The best online name generators automatically check if the domains associated with their name ideas are available. This means you don’t have to worry about coming up with a name only to find that you can’t claim the domain for it.
The DomainWheel name generator also offers search filters that you can use to only view domains that use a certain domain extension or to restrict the character length of name suggestions.
Best of all, it’s free! You can use it as many times as you want by following the steps in the next section:
How to use the handyman business name generator
Finding the perfect business name is easy with our handyman business name generator. All you need to do is type a keyword or combination of keywords into the bar and press Search Domain. The AI will instantly generate a variety of ideas:
If you want to use a specific domain extension, you can click Select Filter and exclude some or all other domain extensions:
The DomainWheel domain name generator also automatically checks the availability of all domains, so you can register a domain you like right away. All you need to do is click View Details to see options for domain registration and web hosting:
If you don’t find anything you’re satisfied with in these search results, don’t despair! You can scroll down to find suggestions for words in three categories: Sounds Like, Rhymes With, and Random Suggestions. You can click on any of these words to start a whole new DomainWheel search.
Best of all, DomainWheel is free, so you can use it as many times as you want.
Best handyman business names from real businesses
Keywords are essential to finding a business name, but they’re not the only way you can find inspiration. You can also look at existing small-repair businesses to see what types of names they’re using. This can help you choose something similar so that people immediately know what your business is about—or find a way to buck the trends and create a fully unique business name.
Check out these handyman business names for inspiration:
Affordable Handyman of Greenwich
Do you need to guess this business’s services and prices? There is no need; it is all in the name. It may be too long and not really creative, but the purpose of a business name is not to dazzle people but to bring in business. This name tells a whole story: what this company offers, at what rates, and at what location.
Soho Handyman Services
Another straightforward name, “Soho Handyman Services” entails the location and services this business offers.
How to choose a handyman business name
Step 1: Consider Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you want to build a successful business in 2023, you need to make it easy for people to find you online. This means developing a comprehensive SEO strategy that begins with a search-friendly domain name.
A search-friendly domain name includes keywords related to your business. For instance, keywords for a handyman services business would be: fix, repair, maintenance, handy, home, skilled, craftsmanship, renovate, upgrade, improvements, etc.
You can find out what effective keywords for your business are in three steps:
- List as many relevant words as you can think of. Open a document or grab a notebook, set a timer for 3-5 minutes, and write down all the words and phrases related to your industry or business that come to mind. Remember that a “keyword” can actually be multiple words long.
- Run them through a keyword planning tool. Keyword planning tools can tell you how much search traffic there is for a specific word or phrase.
- Create a shortlist of the best keywords. Move any keywords that have good traffic (at least 1K/month) and low competition to a shortlist.
Once you’ve got a keyword shortlist, you can either run these keywords through a business name generator or continue to the next step.
Step 2: Consider your offerings
The next thing to consider in finding a name for a handyman business is how your company will help customers. There are a couple of questions to ask yourself here:
- How do you help your customers? Tell your audience how you’ll solve their problems from the moment they lay eyes on your domain name. For example, if your products help people save time, you can use a phrase like “time saver” in your domain name.
- What emotions do you want people to associate with your brand? Choose words that can connect your brand to these emotions. For example, if you want people to associate your brand with happiness, you might use words like “joy” or “comfort.”
- What makes your business unique? This is what makes your company more appealing than other companies in your industry. For example, if you offer one-on-one services, you might use a word like “Personalized” in your company name.
If you can find a way to express one or more of your answers through the keywords you listed in step one, you’ll have an ideal business name.
Step 3: Consider your location
Another way to make your name unique and improve your SEO at the same time is to include a reference to your location. This can be beneficial for a couple of different reasons:
- Nearly ⅓ of all Google searches are location-based . Your business is more likely to show up at the top of these searches if the location is included in its name.
- Many people go out of their way to support local businesses. Establishing your business as coming from a specific neighborhood or city can make these people more likely to support you.
In short, if you want to attract local customers, referencing your location in your business name is a great way to do it. You can reference the street your business is on, the neighborhood it’s in, the city where you do business, or a general region you provide products/services to. You can even use a nickname for a location or the name of a nearby landmark.
To create a new list of name ideas, experiment by combining various keywords from Step 1 with different location keywords.
How to check domain availability
The final thing you need to figure out is if the name you want to use is actually available.
The good news is that if you’re using the DomainWheel business name generator, you’ll only see name suggestions that you can buy the domain for. However, a domain being available doesn’t always mean that you can use the business name. You’ll also want to check the USPTO Trademark Database to make sure your ideal business name isn’t already registered.
Creative words that work best for handyman businesses
According to MarketKeep, the top keywords for a handyman business are:
- handyman near me
- handyman services
- handyman services near me
- drywall repair near me
- local handyman services
- ace handyman services
- local handyman
- local handyman near me
- cheap handyman near me
Available domain extensions (TLD) for handyman businesses
Along with the obvious .com and .net, there are several more unique TLDs that can tell users something about your business:
15 Creative handyman business name ideas
Feeling stuck? We’ve compiled a list of handyman services business name ideas to help you out! All of these names were available at the time of writing this article, so you can use them as-is or create a wholly new name based on one of them. Just remember to Google your preferred name in case one of our readers has already snagged it!
Catchy names for a handyman business
- Toolin’ Around Services
- Fixer-Upper Solutions
- The Wrench Wiz
- Handy Manny McFixit
- Fix-It Solutions
Interesting names for a handyman business
- HandyPro Services
- QuickFix Handyman
- HandyWorks Services
- Precision Handyman
- The Fixer Upper
Funny names for a handyman business
- Mr. (Ms). Fix-It Now
- The Handy Helper
- On-The-Go Handyman
- All-In-One Handyman
- Handyman Hero
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How does the handyman business names generator work?
The DomainWheel name generator uses an AI to generate handyman business names based on your keyword suggestions. By default, the AI also automatically checks for domain availability and only displays domains that are currently unregistered. This makes it easy to find a business name that you can also use as your domain name.
Is the handyman business name generator free?
DomainWheel is 100% free, so you can use it as many times as you want.
What makes a good name for a handyman business?
A good name for a handyman business tells your audience what your brand is about. It should also be easy to pronounce and spell so that people can find your brand, and recommend it, more easily.
Register your handyman business domain name
The best way to register your domain name is to sign up for a web hosting plan with Bluehost and claim the free domain name. Hosting plans start at just $2.75/month and you can sign up in a few minutes by following the instructions on the Bluehost website.
Choosing a name for a handyman business is a big decision, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. You can use a handyman business name generator to create dozens of name ideas in seconds.
All name suggestions are not created equal, though. To get the best name possible, consider three factors:
- SEO. Use relevant keywords to improve your chance of ranking well on search engines.
- What your business does. Emphasize how you solve customers’ problems and what makes your company’s approach unique.
- Your location. Include the name of your neighborhood or city to help you bring in more local business.