Store Name Generator
Free store name generator, with the help of AI, for instant ideas.
While creating an online store is now easier than ever, standing out is much more challenging. One way to help your business stand out is to give it a catchy, memorable, and unique name. If this is what you’re looking for, our store name generator can help.
This simple-to-use AI tool just requires a few clicks from you to help generate creative name ideas. Keep on reading to learn how to use our generator to take the guesswork out of the process of developing your business name.
Why you should use a store name generator
So, why is it so important to use a store name generator? Can’t you just come up with a store name idea on your own?
Theoretically, yes. You can make up a business name all on your own. But there are a couple of major benefits to using a store name generator:
- Dozens of instant ideas. You don’t have to wait for the muse to strike. All you need to do is enter a word or phrase related to your business and you’ll receive dozens of ideas in a matter of seconds.
- Automatic domain availability checks. The best online name generators automatically check if the domains associated with their name ideas are available. This means you don’t have to worry about coming up with a name only to find that you can’t claim the domain for it.
The DomainWheel name generator also offers search filters that you can use to only view domains that use a certain domain extension or to restrict the character length of name suggestions.
Best of all, it’s free! 🤩 You can use it as many times as you want by following the steps in the next section:
How to use the store name generator
Finding the perfect business name is easy with our store name generator. All you need to do is type a keyword or combination of keywords into the bar and press Search Domain. The AI will instantly generate a variety of ideas:
If you want to use a specific domain extension, you can click Select Filter and exclude some or all other domain extensions:
The DomainWheel domain name generator also automatically checks the availability of all domains, so you can register a domain you like right away. All you need to do is click View Details to see options for domain registration and web hosting:
If you don’t find anything you’re satisfied with in these search results, don’t despair! You can scroll down to find suggestions for words in three categories: Sounds Like, Rhymes With and Random Suggestions. You can click on any of these words to start a whole new DomainWheel search.
Best of all, DomainWheel is free, 🎁 so you can use it as many times as you want.
Best store names from real businesses
Keywords are essential to finding a store name, but they’re not the only way you can find inspiration. You can also look at existing store names to see what types of names they’re using. This can help you choose something similar so that people immediately know what your business is about — or find a way to buck the trends and create a fully unique business name.
Check out these store names for inspiration:
Hungry Panda is a food delivery service that specializes in Chinese cuisine. Using the word “hungry” makes it clear that the business focuses on food. And since pandas are native to China, adding “panda” is a clever way to highlight the cuisine that the business specializes in.
When you’re considering a store name, think about the “feeling” you want your audience to have when they think about your brand and use your products or services. Forever 21 is an excellent example of this.
This company is one of the biggest fast-fashion retailers in the world. The founders chose an emotive name for the company. Many of their target audience may want to stay looking and feeling young forever and the name suggests that their clothing can help them achieve this.
How to choose a store name
Step 1: Consider Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you want to build a successful business in 2023, you need to make it easy for people to find you online. This means developing a comprehensive SEO strategy that begins with a search-friendly domain name.
A search-friendly domain name includes keywords related to your business. For example, “online store.”
You can find out what effective keywords for your business are in three steps:
- List as many relevant words as you can think of. Open a document or grab a notebook, set a timer for 3-5 minutes, and write down all the words and phrases related to your industry or business that come to mind. Remember that a “keyword” can actually be multiple words long.
- Run them through a keyword planning tool. Keyword planning tools can tell you how much search traffic there is for a specific word or phrase.
- Create a shortlist of the best keywords. Move any keywords that have good traffic (at least 1K/month) and low competition to a shortlist.
Once you’ve got a keyword shortlist, you can either run these keywords through a store name generator or continue to the next step.
Step 2: Consider your offerings
The next thing to consider in naming a store is how your company will help customers. There are a couple of questions to ask yourself here:
- What problem do you solve for them? You can reference this problem in your business name to make your business’s purpose immediately clear.
- How do you solve this problem? Alternatively, you can use words focused on the solution. This is most effective if you’re using a familiar solution like a guidebook. If your solution is brand new, people might not understand the reference in your business name.
- What makes your business unique? This is what makes your company more appealing than other companies in your industry. For example, if you offer one-on-one services, you might use a word like “Personalized” in your company name.
If you can find a way to express one or more of your answers through the keywords you listed in step one, you’ll have an ideal business name.
Step 3: Consider your location
Another way to make your name unique and improve your SEO at the same time is to include a reference to your location. This can be beneficial for a couple of different reasons:
- Nearly ⅓ of all Google searches are location-based . Your business is more likely to show up at the top of these searches if the location is included in its name.
- Many people go out of their way to support local businesses. Establishing your business as coming from a specific neighborhood or city can make these people more likely to support you.
In short, if you want to attract local customers, referencing your location in your business name is a great way to do it. You can reference the street your business is on, the neighborhood it’s in, the city where you do business, or a general region you provide products/services to. You can even use a nickname for a location or the name of a nearby landmark.
To create a new list of name ideas, experiment by combining various keywords from Step 1 with different location keywords.
Step 4: Consider your future plans
One of the most important things to consider when choosing a store name is how you want to grow your business over the years. There are three questions to ask yourself here:
- Do you eventually hope to expand the products/services you offer? If so, you’ll want to choose a name that focuses on your industry in general rather than a specific product or service.
- Do you eventually want to expand to new locations? If you want to sell to people all over the world, you probably won’t want to include a specific location in your brand name.
- Do you want to sell your business someday? If selling your business is an important part of your long-term plans, you’ll want to make sure that the name isn’t closely tied to your personal identity.
In short, you want to make sure that your business name doesn’t limit your potential for future growth. It’s much easier to add new products/services to an existing business than it is to start a new one from scratch.
How to check domain availability
The final thing you need to figure out is if the name you want to use is actually available.
The good news is that if you’re using the DomainWheel store name generator, you’ll only see name suggestions that you can buy the domain for.
However, a domain being available doesn’t always mean that you can use the business name. You’ll also want to check the USPTO Trademark Database to make sure your ideal business name isn’t already registered.
Creative words that work best for store names
According to WordStream, the top keywords for stores are:
- online shopping
- clothing stores
- online shop
- shopping online
- online shopping sites
- shop online
- furniture online
- ecommerce website
Available domain extensions (TLD) for store name
Along with the obvious .com and .net, there are several more unique TLDs that can tell users something about your business:
15 Creative store name ideas
Feeling stuck? We’ve used our online store name generator to compile a list of store name ideas you can choose from!
All of these names were available at the time of writing this article, so you can use them as-is or create a wholly new name based on one of them. Just remember to Google your preferred name in case one of our readers has already snagged it!
Shop name ideas
- Online Save & Shop
- Web Shop Pro
- Web Shop Tech
- Shop Chop
- Sharp Web Shop
Online store name ideas
- Web to Home
- The Online Outlet
- Pick Shop Save
- Online Mall
Boutique shop name ideas
- The Boutique Lab
- Web Boutique Hub
- My Boutique Design
- Amerique Boutique
- Sleek Store Boutique
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the store name generator free?
DomainWheel is 100% free, so you can use it as many times as you want.
What makes a good store name?
A good store name tells your audience what your brand is about. It should also be easy to pronounce and spell so that people can find your brand — and recommend it — more easily.
Register your store domain name
The best way to register your domain name is to sign up for a web hosting plan with Bluehost and claim the free domain name. Hosting plans start at just $2.75/month and you can sign up in a few minutes by following the instructions on the Bluehost website.
Choosing a store name is a big decision, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. You can use a boutique shop name generator to create dozens of name ideas in seconds.
All name suggestions are not created equal, though. To get the best name possible, consider three factors:
- 👨🏫 SEO. Use relevant keywords to improve your chance of ranking well on search engines.
- 👔 What your business does. Emphasize how you solve customers’ problems and what makes your company’s approach unique.
- ⛳ Your location. Include the name of your neighborhood or city to help you bring in more local business.
- 🔮 Your future plans. Make sure your name leaves room for future growth.
If this is your first time building a store, you might also want to check out our guide to 👉 how to make a website.