Product Name Generator
Free product name generator, with the help of AI, for instant ideas.
Our product name generator can help entrepreneurs, startups, and any other businesses come up with great names for their new products. It’s an invaluable tool for brainstorming, as it can generate dozens of potential names in just a few clicks.
As a business owner, there’s usually a lot on your plate. You need to worry about product creation, marketing, advertising, connecting with your audience, and so much more. Our generator will help make life a little easier by providing you with lots of name options in just a few seconds. Below, we discuss how to use it effectively.
Why you should use a product name generator
So, why is it so important to use a product name generator? Can’t you just come up with a product name idea on your own?
Theoretically, yes. You can make up a product name all on your own. But there are a couple of major benefits to using a product name generator:
- Dozens of instant ideas. You don’t have to wait for the muse to strike. All you need to do is enter a word or phrase related to your business and you’ll receive dozens of ideas in a matter of seconds.
- Automatic domain availability checks. The best online name generators automatically check if the domains associated with their name ideas are available. This means you don’t have to worry about coming up with a name only to find that you can’t claim the domain for it.
The DomainWheel name generator above also offers search filters that you can use to only view domains that use a certain domain extension or to restrict the character length of name suggestions.
Best of all, it’s free! You can use it as many times as you want by following the steps in the next section:
How to use the product name generator
Finding the perfect business name is easy with our product name generator. All you need to do is type a keyword or combination of keywords into the bar and press Search Domain. The AI will instantly generate a variety of ideas:
If you want to use a specific domain extension, you can click Select Filter and exclude some or all other domain extensions:
The DomainWheel domain name generator also automatically checks the availability of all domains, so you can register a domain you like right away. All you need to do is click View Details to see options for domain registration and web hosting:
If you don’t find anything you’re satisfied with in these search results, don’t despair! You can scroll down to find suggestions for words in three categories: Sounds Like, Rhymes With, and Random Suggestions. You can click on any of these words to start a whole new DomainWheel search.
Best of all, DomainWheel is free, so you can use it as many times as you want.
Best product names from real businesses
Keywords are essential to finding a product name, but they’re not the only way you can find inspiration. You can also look at existing products to see what types of names they’re using. This can help you choose something similar so that people immediately know what your business is about—or find a way to buck the trends and create a fully unique business name.
Check out these product names for inspiration:
Comforting Vanilla and Honey Candle
This name tells you a lot: the scents included in this candle, how the scents are meant to make you feel, what you might use this candle for, and of course the fact that it’s a candle. In other words, it has all of the information most people need to have before they buy a candle.
Snuggie is a brand known for its comfortable blankets with sleeves. The Snuggie Hoodie relies on this reputation to tell you exactly what you’ll get: a hoodie so soft that it feels like you’re wearing your softest blanket. Plus, the name has the word snug in it, which evokes an immediate feeling of comfort and being held.
How to choose a product name
Step 1: Consider Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you want to build a successful business in 2023, you need to make it easy for people to find you online. This means developing a comprehensive SEO strategy that begins with a search-friendly domain name.
A search-friendly domain name includes keywords related to your business. For example, if you sell phone cases, you might use a keyword like “smartphone accessories.”
You can find out what effective keywords for your business are in three steps:
- List as many relevant words as you can think of. Open a document or grab a notebook, set a timer for 3-5 minutes, and write down all the words and phrases related to your industry or business that come to mind. Remember that a “keyword” can actually be multiple words long.
- Run them through a keyword planning tool. Keyword planning tools can tell you how much search traffic there is for a specific word or phrase.
- Create a shortlist of the best keywords. Move any keywords that have good traffic (at least 1K/month) and low competition to a shortlist.
Once you’ve got a keyword shortlist, you can either run these keywords through a product name generator or continue to the next step.
Step 2: Consider your offerings
The next thing to consider in naming a product business is how your company will help customers. There are a couple of questions to ask yourself here:
- What problem does your product solve for them? You can reference this problem in your business name to make your business’s purpose immediately clear.
- How does your product you solve this problem? Alternatively, you can use words focused on the solution. This is most effective if you’re using a familiar solution like a guidebook. If your solution is brand new, people might not understand the reference in your product name.
- What makes your product unique? This is what makes your product more appealing than competitors’ products. For example, if your product can be customized with someone’s name, you might use a word like “personalized”.
If you can find a way to express one or more of your answers through the keywords you listed in step one, you’ll have an ideal business name.
Step 3: Consider emotions
In the end, most purchases are emotional decisions. This makes it worthwhile to consider using words that evoke a specific emotion. Specifically, you want to choose words that evoke the same emotion you want people to feel when they interact with your product.
Here are a few examples of how this might work:
- If you’re making high-quality sleep masks, you might use words like “rest” or “relax” in your product name
- If you’re making running shoes, you might use words like “athletic” and “fast”
- If you’re making phone cases, you might use words like “unbreakable” and “secure”
Consider the emotion you want people to feel when they interact with your products and write down all of the words you associate with that feeling. You can then use one or two of these words in your product name.
How to check domain availability
The final thing you need to figure out is if the name you want to use is actually available.
The good news is that if you’re using DomainWheel’s product name generator, you’ll only see name suggestions that you can buy the domain for. However, a domain being available doesn’t always mean that you can use the business name. You’ll also want to check the USPTO Trademark Database to make sure your ideal business name isn’t already registered.
Creative words that work best for products
According to Ahrefs, the top keywords for “product” are:
- snow tha product
- adidas product testing
- product rule
- product reviews
- dot product
- cross product
- cross product calculator
- product manager
- windows 10 product key
To find the best keywords for the specific product you’re creating, search for “top keywords in [your niche]” on Google.
Available domain extensions (TLD) for product
Along with the obvious .com and .net, there are several more unique TLDs that can tell users something about your business:
10 Creative product name ideas
Feeling stuck? We’ve compiled a list of product name ideas to help you out!
All of these names were available at the time of writing this article, so you can use them as-is or create a wholly new name based on one of them. Just remember to Google your preferred name in case one of our readers has already snagged it!
Household product name ideas
- [Surface type] Cleaner Pro
- Polish Star
- Cleanest Carpets
- [Scent] Home Freshener
- Window Polish Pro
Cell phone accessories name ideas
- [Your city’s] Cellular Accessories
- Cell Design
- Mobile Designs
- Wireless Accessories
- Mobile Cases
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How does the product name generator work?
The DomainWheel name generator uses an AI to generate [product] name ideas based on your keyword suggestions. By default, the AI also automatically checks for domain availability and only displays domains that are currently unregistered. This makes it easy to find a business name that you can also use as your domain name.
Is the product name generator free?
DomainWheel is 100% free, so you can use it as many times as you want.
Register your product domain name
The best way to register your domain name is to sign up for a web hosting plan with Bluehost and claim the free domain name. Hosting plans start at just $2.75/month and you can sign up in a few minutes by following the instructions on the Bluehost website.
Choosing a product name is a big decision, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. You can use a product name generator to create dozens of name ideas in seconds.
All name suggestions are not created equal, though. To get the best name possible, consider three factors:
- SEO. Use relevant keywords to improve your chance of ranking well on search engines.
- What your business does. Emphasize how you solve customers’ problems and what makes your company’s approach unique.
- The emotions you want people to associate with your brand. Use emotion words to encourage your audience to build a personal connection with your product.
💸 If this is your first time selling a product online, you might also want to check out our guides on 👉 How to Make a Website and How to Create an Online Store.